Monday, April 18, 2005

Standard Chartered Rugby Sevens Singapore didn't fail to deliver once again.

Fuelled by alcohol and created by alcoholics, the atmosphere today at the Standard Chartered Ruby Sevens Singapore was better than yesterday’s by two-fold. In terms of racial slurs and witty bantering, I guess it was a free for all no matter which country you were from – all in the name of humor. The crowd was twice as rowdy and the stadium looked more filled than yesterday. Adrian even commented, I quote, "Wah, a lot of babes man." The expats sitting behind us were both jeering and cheering for the French, Australians, Scottish and even the English. At some point, I started to wonder which country there were from. We filled our time in between the matches dancing away to the music and sang our hearts out when “YMCA” came on. I fulfilled my promise to Jasmine, one of the beer gals, by buying a jug of beer from her but ended up drinking most of it myself coz’ Adrian, Hannsern, Victor and Lynn had their own jug before I arrived. After that, I had supper at Kallang KFC with my rugby teammates and not surprisingly we met more old teammates who had just finished watching the Rugby Sevens. In all, the crowd was better and I’m looking forward to going again next year. What a way to end my last day of freedom before my first day of work at DBS. Fantastico!