Sunday, May 08, 2005

Europe.

By the time you read this post, I would have already sent my brother and our friend, Barry, off on the plane to London Heathrow. Yes, he’ll be doing the same thing I did before I entered National Service. His stay though, will be a little shorter than the 1 month I spent in London, Paris, Bern, Grindalwald, Rome, Monaco, Nice, Montpellier, Barcelona, etc. This is mainly because he will be starting school come end of May. I hope the shorter time span will not compromise the amount of fun and knowledge he will gain from this wonderful experience. Come to think of it, there is little to doubt that it'll be an enriching backpacking trip for him since he, unlike me, will have the luxury of time and budget to visit Holland.

Later in the night, I'll be back in the airport to send Huangwei off to New York where my dear friend will be embarking on his new career at Credit Suisse. Educated at Brown Uni, I'm not surprised he got the job there. It's just unfortunate he can't stay with us and his gf who's working for Credit Suisse Singapore. Nevertheless, I wish him the best of luck in his new endeavours. He'll be missed.

So in the last 1 month, I’ve sent 2 friends to Shanghai and New York, 1 girlfriend to Thailand and 1 brother to Europe. In 8 days time, I will also be sending my father off to Shanghai where he will spend 5 days on a holiday with a banker friend. That will inevitably leave my mum and I at home to fend for each other from the 16th to the 22nd; unless of course she also decides to take the opportunity to go to Hong Kong with her colleague as well. I’m not complaining since I’ll have the whole house to myself; so if I throw a party at mine, everyone will be cordially invited.

I’ll just make an official apology here to my friends and cousins who have been complaining about my lack of posts for the past two weeks. Much like Jeannie, who’s in KL now, I’ve been really busy with job training and finding time to write a post has been almost unfeasible. Meantime, I’ve been contemplating about filling up some space in this blog by chronicling my adventures during my Europe trip almost three years ago. Till then, take care.