Thursday, February 17, 2005

Carpark Attendant Alert

Just today I was at Siglap to return some VCDs for my buddy Nic who returned to Australia last week. For those who know the area well enough, I illegally parked at The Domain opposite Coffee Club. I took the VCDs, got out of the car and walked towards the road I was about to cross to Video Ezy. I crossed but stopped at the divider, made a u-turn and walked back to my car. Guess why? No, the people at the shop didn’t close because they saw me coming. Neither was it because I left my VCDs in the car nor did I forget to lock it. Actually, I saw the carpark attendant on his scooter ride into the same road where I had just parked my car. I walked back to my car only to find him ready to get off and book me. Thankfully, I got back in time and after smiling at him, I drove off. I'd say that that was a close one. It could have been 50 bucks and a few demerit points. But I didn’t learn from that coz’ I parked my car illegally somewhere else and rented Mr 3000, Taxi and Maria Full of Grace from Video Ezy.