Sunday, September 25, 2005

"I am a part of all that I've seen."

We had a smashing good time at rouge last night and every ounce of euphoria was intangibly present to end off a good tournament. All the angst and animosity between the teams as well as the players dissipated under the influence of alcohol and the slew of R & B tracks that the DJ dished out. What they say about how we should only compete in the spirit to bring out the best in each other holds both truth and new meaning tonight; one on the field and the other at Rouge. We, the SRC Rojaks, held nothing back and although some were in the theme and some were not, the difference in attitude towards “sartorial” preference did not dampen the atmosphere in what turned out to be an awesome party. At the end of the night, all that fun, bumping and grinding was creamed off with a birthday cake for Del, Allan and I plus a birthday song by the SRC Rojaks that I could have sworn was as loud as the blasting music. We didn’t win but look on the bright side, we really know how to have fun! Haha.

I would like to thank Jude, Linda, Winkie, Jiayi and Xinlei for coming as well to celebrate an unofficial belated birthday. Jude, thanks for the Flaming Lamborghini although I was so smashed that I couldn’t recognize the drink until you told me what it was. Linda, Winkie, thanks for taking the trouble to get me a cute little cake coz’ eating it also helped me to stay sober longer (which effectively meant that I could hold more of that liquor y’all were trying to make me drink). Jiayi, Xinlei, thanks for the song dedication (although John Molina read the dedication like he had something stuffed up his mouth) and for offering to share the cab fare home because I was too sloshed to drive myself back home. I am fortunate to have friends like all you. As for those who didn’t manage to make it, it’s ok. I know you would have if you could and thanks for the surprise party that you threw a few days before. In fact, you saved me quite a bit of cash coz’ I would have paid for your cover charge anyway. *grin* Cheers.

So just barely three hours after falling into deep slumber, I had to wake up for the DBS soccer tournament at PSA Club. Grimacing at the bright sun and slouching my way around the house to pack up my gear for the tournament, I was so tempted to forget the tournament but thank God for creating coffee beans. I didn’t bathe before falling asleep and I didn’t bathe after waking up either. But I dragged myself out of the house and made it to PSA club in 15 minutes. I really wonder if I would have passed the breathalyzer test if I had taken one en route to the tournament. Nah, I’m jokin’, of course I would. I’m a law-abiding citizen, really.

The cramps stayed away and we had a good tournament. In fact, we went on the become champions, conceded zero goals and had the top goal-scorer from our team. One silver trophy and one gold medal in two days…that’s ok, I guess.